Job Summary: The purpose of this position is to increase company revenue; primarily by acquiring new customers. This position will assist the County Manager in the development and execution of the Business Development Plan and participate in all sales and marketing functions. This position also professionally promotes our products and services to new and existing customers, including, but not limited to: real estate professionals, lenders, builders, developers, consumers (buyers & sellers) and other producers of title/escrow business.
Job Responsibilities: This position will be responsible for the following:
- Coordinates and conducts any and all planned seminars, real estate presentations, marketing events, etc., as stated in the Business Development Plan.
- Carries out individual personal selling efforts to obtain new title and escrow orders through scheduled appointments with prospects (producers of title/escrow business). These appointments include, but are not limited to: lunches, coffee, dinner, attendance at special events, real estate office presentations, real estate open houses, marketing meetings, training events, etc., as identified in the Business Development Plan.
- Makes sales calls and contacts each day to achieve specific objectives as set forth in the Business Development Plan and directed by County Manager.
- Develops expert knowledge of company products and marketing/sales tools.
- Collaborates with management to analyze and define the market for customer growth. Effectively maintains a market analysis defining the total market, company market share, competitor’s market share, and available market.
- Collaborates with Company employees to implement office activities and promotion in conjunction with the monthly corporate marketing campaign.
Qualification: This position will require an individual who possesses the following:
- Preferred minimum of 3 years of experience and/or knowledge of the title and escrow industry, building industry and real estate developers.
- Preferred minimum of 3 years of direct sales experience.
- Effective communication skills (e.g. effective speaking in one-on-one appointments, in groups effective written communication, effective listening skills and relating to management team, peers and subordinates.
- Effective planning skills (e.g. goal setting, developing strategies to achieve these goals, anticipating challenges and recognizing opportunities).
- Effective organizational skills (e.g. organizing workload, time-blocking for prospecting, allocating resources).
- Effective leadership skills (e.g. initiating action, understanding people, motivating people and rallying teamwork).
- Effective decision making skills (analyzing problems and facts, maintaining objectivity, applying creativity, using a sense of timing and exercising sound judgment).
- Assertive and vigorous in acquiring new business.
- Must possess proficiency with standard software such as Word, Excel, Windows and technology in general.
- The ability to give “after hours” time to the job, participating in community/civic and trade association events.
- The ability to develop and maintain excellent client relations.
- Must be able to formulate, implement and maintain sales objectives for the Company.
- The ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.